OB-GYN and Labor & Delivery
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Quality, compassionate care can be found at SRMC where our doctors perform a variety of procedures and provide treatment methods in women’s health.
· Hysterectomies (Abdominal & Vaginal)
· Laparoscopic Assisted Procedures
· Sterilization by Laparoscopy
· D and C
· Incontinence Procedures
· Endometrial Ablation
Routine physicals and outpatient procedures can also be performed at our two practices specializing in obstetrics and/or gynecology. Find experienced providers in women’s healthcare at Dr. John M. Roberts, Gynecology and Sampson Women's Center.
Labor & Delivery
At Sampson Regional, we know that having a baby is one of the most joyous and exciting times in the lives of parents. We are honored to be able to share in the moment of your baby’s arrival, and we take pride in knowing you’ll have our outstanding medical team at your side. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology, our Women’s Unit has specially trained staff in each area who have genuine compassion for each patient and his/her family.
The family-centered unit is a secured floor with birthing rooms, post-partum rooms, and nurseries. Visiting hours are from 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. on the post-partum unit following delivery. Laboring patients may have two support persons of their choice with them in labor.
- Single room service for labor, delivery, and recovery in a home-like setting
- Rooming in available
- Level 1 Nursery
- Back Transfer to our hospital for Growing Babies
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- “Period of Purple”
- Personalized Care and Family Environment
- Lactation teaching and support by nursing staff
- Take-home copy of New Mom’s Handbook for mother and infant
- Childbirth classes taught by Certified Childbirth Educators
Child Birth Classes
Childbirth classes are recommended for both first time mothers and mothers seeking a
refresher course to ease their minds. For a current schedule of classes, click here.
Our nursery specializes in caring for newborns. Our nursery staff is specially trained to care for your newborn as long as needed until you and your baby are healthy to go home.
Sarah Hesketh RN, Director of Obstetrics and Pediatrics
910-592-8511 ext. 8769